Jumeirah English Speaking School (JESS), Jumeirah is a school with very high standards and expectations; a school where children and adults are challenged to be the best that they can be! Set on a large, established campus, JESS pupils have space and opportunities to work and play in stimulating learning environments.
A broad and balanced curriculum is on offer here at JESS. Pupils are expected to take increasing responsibility for their learning and are regularly challenged in the setting of targets and planning for future learning. Our children are encouraged to involve themselves in activities outside of the classroom too, and we offer a wide range of extra-curricular activities. There are extensive opportunities to participate, compete and in many cases to excel in sport, music and the performing arts. The atmosphere at JESS is happy, child focused and one based on community. Pupils and adults of all ages cooperate and function in a collegiate way, giving our school a unique and friendly feel. Pupils have a tangible pride in their school and are encouraged to take on roles and responsibility within the school. Independence is fostered within the children from an early age as it is a key skill in the development of life long learners.
Summary of KHDA Inspection
Overall, Jumeirah English Speaking School provided an outstanding quality of education for its students.
- Building on the excellent start they made in the early years, students made outstanding progress in English, mathematics and science. They used their excellent learning skills to good effect when researching and working independently and cooperatively. They skillfully and routinely used modern technology in learning.
- Students’ exemplary behaviour and positive attitudes were significant factors in their success. They had an excellent understanding of Islamic values and a commendable sense of community and environmental responsibility.
- Highly imaginative teaching across the school successfully motivated, engaged and challenged students. Assessment information was used extremely well to devise bespoke learning activities well matched to students’ different aptitudes and abilities.
- Innovations in the curriculum had provided further opportunities for students to deepen their knowledge and understanding. Links between subjects had been strengthened to place learning in relevant contexts.
- The relentless attention to health and safety had been sustained. Parents and students had high regard for the exceptional care and support provided.
- Despite changes in personnel, leadership and management remained highly effective. The school was a thriving learning community where all members of staff shared a determination to ensure all students did as well as they could.
- The exceptionally well-focused leadership provided by the head teacher and senior staff continuously drove improvement forward.
- The outstanding provision for the early years had an excellent impact on children’s learning and progress.
- Students’ showed exemplary behaviour and extremely positive attitudes, excellent understanding of Islamic values and high levels of social responsibility.
- The highly skilled teaching was underpinned by an engaging curriculum which promoted students’ learning skills very effectively.
- Excellent procedures ensured health and safety, and the quality of care and support for students was first rate.
- School type 3-11
- Ages taught
- Year 6 - Grade 5
- Year 5 - Grade 4
- Year 4 - Grade 3
- Year 3 - Grade 2
- Year 2 - Grade 1
- Year 1 - Kindergarten
- FS2- Pre-kindergarten
- FS1 - Pre-school
- School Size boys girls
- Day and BoardingDay School
- School typeCo-educational
- Ages taught3 - 18
- School Size1,222 boys 1,145 girls
- CurriculumsEnglish National Curriculum
International Primary Curriculum
Admission & Fees
|Stage||Fee (Annual)||Enrolled Students||Open/Waiting List||Classes|
|FS1 - Pre-School||39030|
|Year 1 - Kindergarten||48231|
|Year 2 - Grade 1||48234|
|Year 3 - Grade 2||48234|
|Year 4 - Grade 3||48234|
|Year 5 - Grade 4||48234|
|Year 6 - Grade 5||48234|
No information found.
No information found.